Topic "Upper GI Surgery"
Presenters: Dr Trafford Fehlberg, Dr Gratian Punch and Dr Kyle Bender.
- Written by Angela Bettess
Register here for the next webinar
The next webinar is on February 10th at 7.30pm - topic is Opioid Dependence.
Join the multidisciplinary team - Dr Bronwyn Hudson, Dr David Helliwell, Dr Anthony Solomon, Clinical Nurse Specialist Michael Burgess and Social Worker in Drug and Alcohol Addiction Petra Liedel - for a discussion on developments in treatment.
A GP guide to the 'what, where, when, how and with whom' of restrictive lung disease.
From the Lismore Base Hospital respiratory team of Drs Joe Churton, Joe Duncan, Bliegh Mupunga, Nurse Lyn Menchin and Physio, Rocco Mico and with rheumatologist, Dr Doug Gray.
The meeting was facilitated by Drs Nathan Kesteven and David Glendinning and produced with the assistance of Cape Institute.
Come and join your colleagues for the NorDocs webinar on Breast cancer management and the Multidisciplinary team. (Link to slides).
Speakers are Dr Julan Amalaseelan (Radiation Oncologist), Dr Rob Simon (General Surgeon) and Dr Amy Scott (Medical Oncologist).
Our facilitators are Dr Nina Robertson (GP) and Dr David Guest (GP).
Three cases of breast cancer will be discussed with best practice approaches to the management of each one.
Key Learning Points
- how to optimise investigation and workup of the suspected breast cancer patient
- the complexities of breast cancer management with multimodal treatments.
- the changing management of the axilla and the aims of axillary staging.
- the limitations of hormone therapy due to hormone deprivation symptoms
- the timing and appropriateness of breast reconstruction in certain situations which is highly individualised and dependent on other therapies.
- the common side effects of chest wall/breast radiotherapy
- the management of acute radiation skin reactions